As you’re probably aware, home shopping (and even selling and buying) has largely moved online today. And now financing your house purchase is doing the same thing. It’s easy, it’s a streamlined process, and rates are competitive. If you’re like increasing numbers of people who prefer the ease of the online home-buying process, you’re in luck because it is even easier today. For you can also get a mortgage loan online. To help you out, then, here are our picks for 3 great websites to help you finance your house in Princeton.
Bankrate “is an independent, advertising-supported publisher and comparison service.” They offer a wealth of financial tips and information, including a large section dealing with mortgages. If you’re looking to finance your house in Princeton, especially as a first-time home buyer, of particular interest, is Bankrate’s treatment of the 10 best and most popular home-buyer programs for first-time buyers.
“Shelling out big bucks for your first home, along with shopping for a mortgage, might seem daunting. Luckily, though, there are numerous first-time homebuyer programs and grants that can help you get your foot in the homebuying door.”
Heres what Bankrate covers:
- FHA loans for buyers with little money for a down payment and lower credit score
- USDA loans to assist lower-income buyers in suburban and rural areas
- VA loans, which have minimal closing costs and no down payment requirement’
- Good Neighbor Next Door, a HUD program that provides housing aid for certain service professions
- FannieMae/Freddie Mac to help people get conventional mortgages with low down payments
- HomePath ReadyBuyer Program, which assists with closing costs for those who complete an educational program and purchase certain foreclosed properties
- Energy-efficient Mortgage, backed by the FHA or VA, allows buyers to roll energy-efficient upgrades into the mortgage loan
- FHA Section 203(k), also FHA backed, allows borrowers to roll certain improvement costs into the loan
- Local first-time homebuyer programs and grants, which are different in different cities and states, but offer assistance with things like down payments and closing costs
- Native American Direct, backed by the VA and provides direct home loans to eligible Native American veterans
As they say right on the website, “At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions.”
Another website to help you finance your house in Princeton, NerdWallet is also a collection of financial and mortgage tips and information. The chief benefit of using NerdWallet is that they have a section treating the best online mortgage lenders, including their ratings and a pros-and-cons list. This could be a valuable tool if you are set on financing your house in Princeton online.
Heres what the folks at NerdWallet say:
“Going online to look for a mortgage or a refinance is routine these days. That’s because companies – both new online mortgage lenders and traditional players – are doing more on the web. The new online mortgage model offers convenience and automation. It can save you money.”
Bankrate also assessed the top online mortgage lenders for 2019, and their top two picks were Reali Loans and rocket Mortgage (by Quicken Loans). Reali Loans, Bankrate says, is great “for home buyers and refinancers who want to apply online for loans in its lending footprint. The robust online lending platform gives borrowers 24/7 access to the loan’s progress.” And the benefit of Rocket Mortgage is the pleasant online application experience. In addition, “Rocket Mortgage provides a high-tech mortgage loan process with on-demand advisors when you need help.”
Zillow, a big player in the online real estate marketplace, has indeed become a one-stop shop for home buyers. Now, you can even finance your house in Princeton through Zillow.
in November of 2018, Zillow purchased Mortgage Lenders of America, which they are now rebranding as Zillow Home Loans. So, now, you can not only continue to search for mortgage lenders and compare their rates with Zillow’s mortgage marketplace, but you can also get that mortgage loan from Zillo itself. “Home shoppers who visit Zillow to shop for a mortgage can now get financing directly from Zillow Home Loans.
Zillow also offers these features: “Check rates in one place,” “Discover the possibilities,” and “Get expert tips & advice.” What they are trying to offer is this: “Simple solutions for every step of the way.”
Inject a Human Element
Going online is definitely an easy, streamlined way to finance your house in Princeton – right from the comfort of your living room couch. But in most cases, you need genuine human interaction at some point, a chance to talk to a professional and ask questions face to face. And that’s where your local real estate agent comes in. Your agent isn’t, of course, a financial adviser or mortgage counselor, but she knows every step of the process and can provide some valuable guidance.